Saturday, March 30, 2013

I don't know why this took so long. Actually I do.... when you make a series, you create all these rules for yourself, so it's a closed system. But then you make that last one, and it's been a while since you thought about the system, and the piece is supposed to be a bit different than the others anyway, and you just trip over and over yourself just thinking of all the solutions to the visual problem that needs to be solved, wondering what the best solution is. How long can you make visual solutions before you know you've found the right one? Finaly, you just have to settle on something. SOMETHING. I stopped on this one, for the ring motif. But for some reason it was hard to wrangle into a good composition that fits into that said set of rules that makes a series a series.

But I think I have to change the beginning, now. The Fun-A-Day show is coming up on April 27, so I better have everything all organized!

Why I think I can make a graphic novel, I don't know...

No comments: